Last Updated: 19 April 2023
Get-Well Gamers UK,(“GWG” “we,” or “us”) respects your privacy.
1.1 Information We Collect
We may collect any Personal Information about you, i.e information that can uniquely identify you, as follows:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you: register an interest in our charity for example via email; upload; view; or download any features or content; participate in events; enter contests or sweepstakes; or donate via our website and or social networks;
- Social networks through which you may access the Services or otherwise interact with us; and
- Our affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The Personal Information we collect about includes but is not limited to as follows:
- Contact information i.e full name; organisation name; postal address; email address; and phone number;
- Demographic information i.e age, date of birth; and gender
Hereafter defined as “Personal Information”
We use a third-party payment processor to process payments and donations made to us, we do not obtain your payment card information.
1.2 How we Use the Information We Collect
We may use Personal Information we collect from you in order to provide the following:
- Process donations, and provide you with Services listed on our website and Social Networks;
- Send you information or materials you request about the charity or donation;
- Maintain a record of your donations and other transactions when you use the Services;
- Maintain our Social Networks;
- Respond to your questions and comments about our Services;
- Communicate with you about our Services, promotions, and events;
- Analyse trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- and Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
1.3 How long do we keep your Information for
GWG will not retain your Personal Information no longer than necessary. Information submitted to us you is removed after 30 days. Any volunteer information is kept on file until either (1) the volunteer requests removal at the end of their service; or (2) the volunteer is inactive for a period of one year or more; or (3) as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements; resolve disputes; prevent fraud and abuse; or enforce our Terms and Conditions.
When you use the Services, listed above, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as via cookies. A “Cookie” is a small file saved to your hard drive that tracks, saves and stores information about your interactions and usage of websites
The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information. We may maintain or associate this information with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties which helps us improve our Services.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features.
3. Disclosure Of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user. We may disclose Personal Information about you:
- To service providers, and other third parties we use to support our charity and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GWG users of the Services, or others; and
- With your consent.
Please note that when you publicly post materials on our Social Networks, you are making those materials available to everyone else.
4. Your Choices
We the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Should you wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from our website or Social Networks onto your hard drive, you should take necessary steps within your own web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
4.2. Marketing Communications
If you have received a marketing email from us, you can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email or alternatively emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
4.3. Web Analytics
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by installing the browser add-on available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4.4. Third-Party Tracking
We do not control any of our third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other kinds of targeted marketing. Please contact them directly.
4.5. Accessing and Changing Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, or to correct any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement.
5. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not directed to, and GWG does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from that of a child or under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Data Security
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
8. Data Transfers
GWG is based in Scotland, England. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
9. Contact Us
Get Well Gamers
The Pentagon Centre,
36 Washington Street,